3.23.2014

Future studio...


We spent a few hours clearing out our future studio today (before photos here). It's pretty cold out and PRH was really annoyed with me for sort of planning his day. As you've probably guessed, I'm not much of a relaxer; I have this (irritating) habit of finding projects around the house that just need to be done right this very minute. Like, right now! Particularly now that I have a regular job, it's rare that I have two days off in a row and it makes me feel frustrated not to accomplish the things I used to have more time for. I digress.

PRH may have grumbled a little, but once we got to work, we both felt excited to get the space cleared. It still looks pretty rough, but our goal is to pull everything out, disconnect the electric, power wash the lime off the walls, and then either replace or repair the ceiling, walls, floors,  electric, foundation and windows. You have to start somewhere, right? 


This photo, from the same angle, shows what the space looked like when we first bought it. Gross! I think it'll make a big difference when we take down those metal cow stanchions.


Here's  a shot from a similar angle when we started this morning. Kicky and EZ E were not impressed.


Here's one last shot taken from the barn door before we got started this  morning. We moved everything to the other side of the barn temporarily.

Gah! So much to do. Here are some images of other barn projects.


OK, one last look at the mostly cleared out space from the same angle. Next on the list is renting yet another dumpster and clearing out all of the garbage that you can't really see on the left side of this photo.

I'm so excited to have a functioning studio space! Pinterest has helped me stay motivated and inspired. Here are some studio images that I've been pinning. Can't wait.

9 comments:

Anna said...

Exciting! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Jen said...

I love all the studios you have been pinning with their high ceilings and lots of natural light. My studio lacks both! I am sure yours will be pin-worthy too when it's completed!

kristin said...

Oh yeah I can't wait to see how this turns out. Keep us posted!!

Cheryl Cochran said...

What a fantastic space. There's nothing better than having a place committed to creating.

The Belvedere- Alyssa said...

I'm the same, if a project needs done it needs to be done NOW! Sitting at work I get so inspired and so crazy that I can't get up and work on projects when inspired. As always, can't wait to see what you guys accomplish!

Ally Ann said...

I love big projects like this! It's overwhelming, but at the same time, such a challenge and so rewarding. Can't wait to see how it turns out...

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, but your font is too small for me to read comfortably. Any chance you could make it larger?

Anonymous said...

I am not a great commenter on blogs but have enjoyed reading yours for a while. It is easy to understand the break you have had but it is nice to see some posts from you again. I was very excited recently when I went into a store here in Melbourne, Australia called Kikki K, which has gorgeous stationary, and saw your book!! Congratulations on getting it half way around the world, I hope it does well for you here. Lyn

Joy Fisher said...

OMG, this post has been up forever. And I know you are making progress from following you on instagram. Killing me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...